- Inspect and tag returned rental equipment, noting any damage or other necessary repairs.
- Troubleshoot equipment and make necessary repairs.
- Ensure equipment is properly repaired on a timely basis
- Perform complete inspections of equipment and report issues with repairs to service manager
- Complete all required paperwork on a timely basis.
- Assist others as needed.
- Experience in the service repair industry, preferably repairing light construction equipment.
- Knowledge of 2 & 4 cycle gas engines and diesel engines a must.
Parts / Service
- Exceptional customer service
- Computer knowledge
- 2 cycle / 4 cycle engine knowledge
- Familiar with diesel engines
- Mechanical skills
- Forklift experience
Outside Sales Rep
J.C. Smith Inc. celebrating 40 years, is the largest independently owned contractor supply house in Upstate NY and is in need of hard working, self-motivated persons to sell construction equipment, supplies and engage in renting light construction equipment.
We currently have an opportunity for an Outside Sales Representative. The hired candidate will oversee the entire sales cycle from prospecting and cold calling, to order fulfillment and training clients. You will be expected to develop new business, while managing existing accounts within our sales territory.
- Sell and/or rent equipment.
- Sell and achieve targeted goals for supplies and new and used equipment.
- Schedule equipment demos to promote sales and rentals.
- Working with sales manager to organize daily schedules and sales calls efficiently.
- Prepare and maintain weekly call reports to submit to sales and branch manager.
- 2 years of sales experience in a construction or industrial product field.
- Experience working in the construction industry (preferred).
- An associate’s (2-year degree) is preferred
- Record of success in growing sales revenue and client base.
- Must be self-motivated with strong verbal and written skills
- Should have a persuasive and engaging personality
- Ability to develop and sustain customer relationships in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- A valid driver license with a good driving record is required.